Engineering disasters occur because of flaws in design, human error, and certain uncontrollable situations. View additional resources on engineering disasters:
- OSHA – Construction Incidents Investigation Engineering Reports
- Civil Engineering Portal – Engineering Disasters
- Ready.gov – Blackouts
- CDC – What You Need to Know When the Power Goes Out Unexpectedly
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) – Aviation Accident & Incident Data
- FEMA – Going Off Grid: Utility Outages (PDF)
- FoodSafety.gov – Find out how to keep food safe during and after an emergency and the loss of power.
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) – Recent Transportation Accident Reports
- The Smart Grid – What is the Smart Grid?